Thursday, August 20, 2015

Book Review: Crafting a Colorful Home

 When I saw that Kristin Nicholas had written another book, I couldn't wait until it came out. I have loved her colorful style for a number of years now and Crafting a Colorful Home is no disappointment.

The entire book is filled with color from a wide variety of craft styles such as knitting, crocheting, sewing, painting, and embroidering. Her home exhibits a warm, cozy vibe that is cheerful and vibrant at the same time. It is just the place I'd like to spend a cold winter's day, curled up with a book or some knitting.

Unlike most decorating books and magazines that show pictures that look as if no one has ever lived there and where children and pets would have to be barred, Kristin's home has a welcoming lived-in feeling that invites all to come in and soak in the joy.

There are no projects in this book that I do not want to try. There are some that while I would not make the same project in the same colors, I would definitely use colors I like instead to accomplish the same thing.

Even people less inclined to use every color in the rainbow in their homes and on their walls can find projects of interests here. But, if you love color and yet have beige walls because you aren't quite sure how to use it, then you need this book.

I can't stop flipping through the pages for a feast of color. It is definitely my favorite craft book ever. Be sure to check out her blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, all comments are moderated and may take a day or two to appear. I try to reply to comments as soon as possible. Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy the blog!