Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Cozy Wooly Blanket

As fall weather turns cooler, I bring out this blanket made from thrifted wool sweaters that I washed and shrunk before sewing together. It is backed with cozy flannel made from old flannel twin-size flat sheets that I had turned into a duvet cover before converting them to blanket backing. And, it is tied with scraps of yarn.

This is the coziest, wooliest blanket ever and my absolute favorite for cool weather cuddling. Mochi the cat and Peanut the dog seem to agree as they frequently take their naps on its wooly goodness. In fact, it might be time to start considering making a second blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, all comments are moderated and may take a day or two to appear. I try to reply to comments as soon as possible. Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy the blog!